[OS X TeX] Not Sure If this belongs to here: execute latex shell from java

Marcus Michalsky mmichalsky at gmx.de
Tue Aug 22 15:30:34 CEST 2006

Hi all,

Sorry for disturbing, cause i don't know if this really belongs to
the list...

I have the following problem:

I want to execute a shell script from Java. If I make this:

String[] s = {"mkdir", "foo"};

try { Runtime.getRuntime().exec(s);	 } catch(Exception e) {}

I get a folder foo. But if a change the String to Strin[] s =
{"latex", "my.tex"};

then nothing happens...

I have a  Mac Mini (10.4.7 Tiger) with TeX-Live 2005 from i-Installer..
When i enter: "latex my.tex" in the console everything is fine as usual

Maybe something with permissions ? I don't know. chmod of my.tex is 755.
LaTeX is in the PATH, so i can execute it everywhere.

I am still not sure if this belongs here but it is worth a try, thanks

Greetings
Marcus