[OS X TeX] Re: apalike bib style

Alan Litchfield alan at alphabyte.co.nz
Fri Aug 18 22:55:31 CEST 2006

Hi John,

On Aug 19, 2006, at 3:41 AM, John B. Thoo wrote:

> @BOOK{burton,
>   AUTHOR = "Burton, D.\ M.",
>   TITLE = "The History of Mathematics: An Introduction",
>   EDITION = "5th",
>   PUBLISHER = "McGraw-Hill",
>   YEAR = 2003,
>   ADDRESS = {Boston}
> }
>
> @BOOK{fine,
>   AUTHOR = "Fine, H.\ B.",
>   TITLE = "College Algebra",
>   PUBLISHER = "Dover Publications, Inc.",
>   YEAR = 1961,
>   ADDRESS = {New York}
> }

I don't see any problems with these.

> and put all the files in the same folder as the LaTeX files.
>
> (On a tangent, where should I put these files if I want them
> generally available, but don't want them to get clobbered if I
> update my tetex installation using Fink?)

I am not certain where fink puts these. I don't use it. I might
suggest you download the TeXLive disk image from your nearest ctan
mirror, or you can get it here
http://tug.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/Images/texlive-inst.iso.zip

You will find that this image has all the necessary packages and
classes, including apacite and apa.cls

Then you can your own files in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/
latex/local/

But in this case you won't have to.

> Then I put in my LaTeX file
>
> \documentclass[draft]{article}
> \usepackage[]{apacite}
> \nocite{*}

Put \bibliographystyle{apacite} here

> \bibliography{numrealrootscubic}

See how you get on with adding that line first. You don't have to use
apacite for the style, but it is a safe place to start.

Cheers
Alan