[OS X TeX] Illustrator cannot use partial sets of TeX fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 9 16:02:24 CEST 2006

Am 09.08.2006 um 15:17 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> - to make system fonts out of the TeX fonts of families CMR and
> alike, and of Fourier family ?

Don't use CM, switch to LM, i.e. Latin Modern. The i-Installer can
create OpenType fonts that are put into /Library/Fonts. There are
also Mac versions of Utiopia/Fourier (fourier-mac-v15-12-02-2005.sit).

I think you would need to change the MAP file fragments: usually they
have "<font8a.pfb" which stands for partial download. Changing < to
<< should force complete download. (Leaving < or << away would *not*
embed/download the font.)

The easier way is to use TrueType instead of PostScript – I think I
didn't see yet pdfTeX embed only a part of the TrueType font file ...

--
Greetings

   Pete

"A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience."
                                                      Doug Larson