[OS X TeX] First post to the list

Niels Kobschätzki n.kobschaetzki at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 16 15:51:15 CEST 2006

On 8/16/06, Nick Black <nickblack1 at gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> Out of interest, do most of you use a standard text editor (emacs,
> vim) or do you use a suite like Texshop?  I'm using bibdesk to manage
> references at the moment.  Is there anything better?

I use TextMate (http://www.macromates.com) with the actual
LaTeX-Bundle and Texniscope as previewer (pdfsync possible with this
combination). There are some screencasts which help setting up the
environment and using the capabilities of TextMate.
Bibdesk is my choice for managing references.

Niels

P.s.: Because of the problems with CJK-input in TextMate I use some
other App like TextEdit, Sidenote whatever to put in my CJK-stuff and
copy it over to TextMate which functions w/out any problems (but it's
only a solution as long as someone doesn't need to type a real long
text).