[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Aug 11 00:46:55 CEST 2006

Am 10.08.2006 um 23:58 schrieb Siep Kroonenberg:

> set sPath to do shell script "source /etc/profile && source
> $HOME/.bash_profile && echo $PATH"

I, for example, have tcsh as login shell ... Do you know what your
AppleScript does when there's no file $HOME/.bash_profile?

	nidump passwd . | grep $USER | awk -F/ '{print $NF}'	— to give the name
	nidump passwd . | grep $USER | awk -F: '{print $NF}'	— to give the
pathname

would tell you the login shell. Inside a shell's runtime environment
you can find $SHELL.

For me

	osascript -e 'do shell script "echo $PATH"'

returns the PATH as if I were using "echo $PATH" in a shell in
Terminal – it's one element longer than recorded in ~/.MacOSX/
environment.plist (to get the value out of this file, if it exists:
defaults read ~/.MacOSX/environment PATH).

'do shell script "echo $PATH"' has the advantage that the user's
login shell will be used automagically to execute the shell command.

--
Greetings

   Pete

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure."

                                 George W. Bush