[OS X TeX] How to convert eps w/bounding box to pdf retaining Bbox info

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Thu Aug 10 21:36:06 CEST 2006

Am 10.08.2006 um 21:05 schrieb Siep Kroonenberg:

> I have to think what to do about the path problem; whether there is
> a clever way to make the script use the same path as when run from
> the terminal, or whether I should just add some likely directories
> to its private search path.

It's probably not that bad to add the usual non-Apple search paths,
but the precise behaviour would be to determine what the application
has got from Launching Service and what a non-GUI UNIX programme
would see on the command line, in Terminal (which for bash can be
different: login or non-login, interactive or not). If there's a
difference then – add both sets of paths, unified, to the environment?

OTOH it wouldn't take much time to run some 'which <this>' or 'which
<that>' to determine whether in a shell the important utilities can
be found. If that was successful, then add their paths to the
application's environment. If any which fails, then report to the
user. You could also first check whether the locate database exists.
If it exist, then you could try to locate what which missed and, upon
success, add this path to the application's environment. If locate
also fails or there's no locate database, then it's high time to warn
the user about utilities that can't be used.

What about adding Preferences to fill in some paths? They're first
filled with what was found at first launch.

--
Greetings

   Pete

   It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
                     -- Garfield