[OS X TeX] Illustrator cannot use partial sets of TeX fonts

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Aug 9 16:38:31 CEST 2006

Am 09.08.2006 um 15:17 schrieb André Bellaïche:

> P.S. MacOS system fonts were the native fonts used by Textures. I
> suppose that XeLaTex could also use such MacOS system fonts.

Oops: missed your post-scriptum first!

XeTeX uses the system's fonts, both in TrueType or OpenType form.
PostScript fonts are on-the-fly converted to OpenType and cached. So
you would need to install Utopia/Fourier best as TrueType/OpenType.
But – XeTeX still has some problems to use particular fonts in math
mode. The reason is that the TeX math fonts are irregularly encoded,
and XeTeX would need a mapping from Unicode slots (the characters you
type in the source file) to TeX macro names and then a far more
complicated mapping from a font's file name and a position inside
that font (as recorded in XeTeX's XDV output file) to slots in an
Unicode encoded font.

Could be at Christmas it'll work!

--
Greetings