[OS X TeX] TexShop engines make me crazy

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Aug 6 23:29:00 CEST 2006

On Aug 6, 2006, at 3:44 PM, Matthieu Masquelet wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to add a glossary to my thesis and I was thinking of
> using a personal engine to do the bibtex of the glossary (along the
> usual latex's and bibtex's) but I can't seem to make it work...
>
> Here is my engine file:
> #!/bin/tcsh
>
> set path = ($path  /usr/local/bin  /usr/local/teTeX/bin/`uname -p`-
> apple-darwin-current /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex/
> graphics)
>
> set fbName = `basename "$1" .tex`
> set fbName2 = `basename "$1" .gls`
>
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb ${fbName}
>
> bibtex --shell-escape ${fbName}
>
> bibtex --shell-escape ${fbName2}
>
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb ${fbName}
>
> simpdftex latex --maxpfb ${fbName}
>
> Note that the last part of the path is there to try to fix the
> problem... In fact, it says (see belox) that texshop cannot find
> the pdftex.def to do the eps/pdf conversion whereas this works like
> a charm when I just typeset the basic "Latex" in TexShop... I know
> my teTex install is not perfect (things should be in texmf.local
> instead of texmf.tetex as I understood but I have no idea why it is
> like this). Any help would be greatly appreciated !
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Matthieu

Howdy,

Since you are using latex+dvips+ghostscript processing there is no
need to include the epstopdf package; dvips can process the eps
itself. That is why there is a complaint about pdftex.def not being
loaded.

By the way, why do you have the --shell-escape in the bibtex calls?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)