[OS X TeX] OT: log from Acrobat 7.0

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Sat Aug 5 14:37:06 CEST 2006

Le 25 juil. 06 à 04:53, Adam R. Maxwell a écrit :

> On Jul 24, 2006, at 08:01, George Gratzer wrote:
>
>> Actually, it is 7.08.
>>
>> Why is there so much hostility to Adobe?
>
> I'm slightly hostile because of their Acrobat Reader PDF plugin,
> which forced me to disable WebKit plugin capability in a couple of
> open source applications I'm associated with.  In all the
> controversy around InputManagers and other hacks (e.g.
> mach_inject), I'm surprised their hack has been ignored (or has it
> been fixed?).

An aside: apparently the insistence of Acrobat's plug-ins and so-
called "repair" function is getting wider exposure:

<http://www.macworld.com/weblogs/mac911/2006/08/acrobatbegone/>

That said, in my experience, any measure that the user can take won't
survive an Acrobat update (using Acrobat's update function): whatever
preference may have been set by the user, whatever unwanted file may
have been erased by the user, during the update Acrobat will go back
to its imperialistic behaviour and re-install its browser and office
plug-ins without asking/telling the user.

Bruno Voisin