[OS X TeX] hyperref and endnotes/bibliography

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Apr 28 13:57:27 CEST 2006

Le 28 avr. 06 à 13:34, Wolfgang Schmidle a écrit :

> Another thing with hyperref and endnotes: Hyperref recognises
> footnotes but not endnotes, and even with footnotes there is no
> link from the footnote back to the text. Starting with the code from
> http://www.tug.org/pipermail/pdftex/2006-March/006460.html
> and using some co from the LaTeX Companion, I wrote the following:
>
> \newcounter{nummer} \setcounter{nummer}{1}
> \newcommand{\fn}[2]{\hypertarget{back\arabic{nummer}}{\hyperlink
> {note#1}{\endnotemark}}%
> \stepcounter{nummer}%
> \endnotetext{\protect\hypertarget{note#1}{#2}}}
>
> \renewcommand\enoteformat{\noindent
>   \setlength\parindent{12pt}\makebox[0pt][r]{\hyperlink{back
> \theenmark}{\theenmark}.\,\,}}
>
> However, this solution is not very convenient as I have to give a
> unique label to every endnote. Is there a better solution?

I can't really tell. Being the low-tech type, I also tend to use
\hypertarget and \hyperlink manually rather than relying on automatic
features. For example, given I'm no BibTeX user, one of my documents
from last year had its list of references containing publications
such as:

\bibitem{ErGa03}
   \hypertarget{ErGa03}{Ermanyuk, E.~V. \& Gavrilov, N.~V. (2003)}.
   \href{http://dx.doi.org/10.1017/S002211200300586X}{%
     Force on a body in a continuously stratified fluid. Part~2.
Sphere}.
   \textit{J. Fluid Mech.} \textbf{494}, 33--50.

with the publications referred to in the text as:

\hyperlink{ErGa03}{Ermanyuk \& Gavrilov (2003)}

Bruno Voisin