[OS X TeX] GhostScript assistance needed!

Peder Axensten peder at axensten.se
Wed Apr 26 13:49:32 CEST 2006

On 24 apr 2006, at 15.45, Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>> PA> I need to use Ghost Script (without any perl scripts or
>> similar) to
>> PA> convert an .eps file to .pdf. Normally I do this with
>> epstopdf, but  now I
>> PA> need a more independent way of doing it using only GS. How
>> would the
>> PA> command look like? (Why is epstopdf needed anyway? Must be  an
>> awfully
>> PA> complicated GS command...)
>
> epstopdf extracts the bounding box from the EPS file and prefixes
> the file
> with some additional Postscript code to shift the lower left corner to
> (0,0) and to set the pagesize to the size of the EPS. After that
> the gs
> command is quite simple:
>
> gs -q -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dAutoRotatePages=/None -
> sOutputFile='$OutputFilename' '$InputFilename' -c quit

This can all be done without epstopdf with the option -dEPSCrop, I've
just found out:

gs  -q -dNOPAUSE -dBATCH -dEPSCrop -sOutputFile='OutputFilename.pdf'
'InputFilename.eps'

Is there a way to change the color space of the pdf to cmyk, rgb, or
gray-scale?
-dProcessColorModel=... and -sProcessColorModel=... don't seem to work?

Is there a way to output cmyk png and jpeg files?

Any help appreciated.

/Peder