[OS X TeX] GhostScript assistance needed!

Peder Axensten peder at axensten.se
Mon Apr 24 13:35:43 CEST 2006

I need to use Ghost Script (without any perl scripts or similar) to
convert an .eps file to .pdf. Normally I do this with epstopdf, but
now I need a more independent way of doing it using only GS. How
would the command look like? (Why is epstopdf needed anyway? Must be
an awfully complicated GS command...)

Sometimes a .png or .jpeg would be better due to the complexity of
the vector graphics. How would the command look like to convert
from .eps to .png/.jpeg at a resolution 'res'?

Can GS convert to .emf (MicroSoft)? How would such a command look like?

I've tried to understand the GS man pages, but there are many options
and I felt myself drowning. I'd really appreciate some help from a GS
guru!

The result will be coded into a .m Matlab function and uploaded to
the Mathworks Central File Exchange. That's why I want to depend only
on GS being available. Matlab has commands to save as .png/,jpeg
etc., but the resulting files of the same figure have different
amount of whitespace around them, different shades of colors etc.
The .eps files always look good, however.

/Peder Axensten