[OS X TeX] terminal and tex4ht

Gerben Wierda Gerben.Wierda at rna.nl
Mon Apr 17 23:53:04 CEST 2006

On 17 Apr 2006, at 21:24, Thomas Rike wrote:

> Hi Herb,
>
> Thanks for the speedy reply. I went back and ran Configure again
> and made sure that CLI was selected. No problems, but the terminal
> still does not recognize  sudo texhash  and I still get the same
> response when trying to use tex4ht
>
> ~ trike$ tex4ht /Users/trike/Desktop/test1.dvi
> -bash: tex4ht: command not found
>
> Anything else I can try in the terminal to see what pathnames are
> set? Thanks

The 'env' command will show you.

The CLI-enabling of the TeX i-Package sets system-wide support for sh-
like and csh-like shells, like bash. If you run Terminal and bash
inside Terminal, it should work.

If it does not, you might have special login or startup files in your
personal directory overriding what has been set. Check for th
eexistence of files like ~/.bash_login

One thing you can do is chekc if if does work in another account
where you have a clean slate (no other stuff installed).