[OS X TeX] terminal and tex4ht

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Apr 17 23:50:27 CEST 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 14:15 , Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2006, at 3:41 PM, Thomas Rike wrote:
>

>> I am getting several suggestions. I closed the terminal and opened
>> it again,  but still no recognition of commands
>>
>> ~ trike$ which tex4ht
>> no tex4ht in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin
>>
>> ~ trike$ echo $PATH
>> /bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin

> Howdy,
>
> I don't think the CLI interface was installed by the i-Installer.
> (I am assuming you are NOT using the fink TeX, etc., since you seem
> to have the gwTeX structure.)
>
> Once again, you need to run the Configure Stage of the TeX i-
> package in i-Installer. When the list of `Configure what?' sheet
> comes up only check off `CLI Activation' (tha last item on the
> list) and proceed. It really doesn't seem as though it was every run

Try creating a new Terminal window after running i-Installer.
Running shells won't get updated PATH variables unless you (the user)
do something to cause it.  The cheapest way to do this is a new window.

Regards,

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon-At-Large
Institute for the Enhancement of the Director's Income