[OS X TeX] terminal and tex4ht

Thomas Rike tricycle222 at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 17 22:41:33 CEST 2006

On Apr 17, 2006, at 12:40 PM, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Try opening a new terminal window or restarting Terminal.app if you
> had it running while you did the Configuration stage.
>
> Then try
>
> which tex4ht
>
> which should give you the path to tex4ht assuming the paths is set
> correctly. If none of that works let me know what
>
> echo $PATH
>
> gives.

I am getting several suggestions. I closed the terminal and opened it
again,  but still no recognition of commands

~ trike$ which tex4ht
no tex4ht in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin

~ trike$ echo $PATH

On Apr 17, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Richard Koch wrote:
> Thomas,
>
> What happens when you type
>
> 	which tex4ht
>
> on Terminal? How about
>
> 	which pdflatex
>
> or
>
> 	which tex
>
> When you installed fink, did you also install the fink version of TeX?

~ trike$ which pdflatex
no pdflatex in /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin /usr/local/bin

I did not install anything except the fink installer.

> What happens when you type
>
> 	cd /usr/local/teTeX/bin
>
> and then type
>
> 	ls

Thomas-Rikes-Computer:~ trike$ cd /usr/local/teTeX/bin
Thomas-Rikes-Computer:/usr/local/teTeX/bin trike$ ls
highesttexbin.pl                powerpc-apple-darwin-current
i386-apple-darwin-current       powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0
i386-apple-darwin8.3.1

TeXShop is running fine and knows that everything is at  /usr/local/
teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/tex/latex

Is there someway for me to add another path for the terminal to
search? (Sorry I am so ignorant of UNIX) Thanks for all the
suggestions. At least I can see why it isn't working? On my G4 there
are paths set to find tex4ht in the terminal. Maybe I did not
configure CLI correctly. Can I do this manually? Thanks again for the
help. I probably won't even use tex4ht since all of my documents are
filled with math and list environments, but I would like to have the
terminal working.

Tom Rike