[OS X TeX] inputting figures that are pfd files

Bruce Kellogg rbmjk at alltel.net
Mon Apr 10 15:39:09 CEST 2006

Thanks to everyone who made suggestions on my problem. Here is what I
found:

1. Using graphicx started to produce some indication of success.

2. Using the crop statement in viewport gave an error message.

3. Using pdfcrop in a terminal window gave an error message;
    the program was unable to copy the cropped file from a tmp location
    to my desired directory. I looked in the /tmp directory and did not
    find it there. No man pages for pdfcrop, so I gave that up. But ...

4. I fiddled with the parameters in viewport, and finally the picture
showed up!!
    Overlaying some text, to be sure, but now I will be able to bring
it to where
    I want it.

So I consider my problem resolved, if awkwardly. It is not the first
time that this
forum has helped me, so thanks again.

Bruce Kellogg