[OS X TeX] dvi2pdf with \psboxit

Hans Goedbloed goedbloed at rijnh.nl
Tue Apr 4 23:55:52 CEST 2006

LS,

Does anybody have a solution to the following problem(s):

Running Andrew Trevorrow's OzTeX on Macintosh Powerbook G4 to produce
color pdf sheets for lectures, to be visualized by either Preview or
Acrobat Reader, I exploit the following packages:

\usepackage[pdfmark,colorlinks]{hyperref}
\usepackage{psboxit}
\usepackage{fancybox}

and convert the dvi file to pdf by means of dvi2pdf.

Nearly everything works fine, except that
(1) colored boxes that I create with \psboxit do not show up,
(2) links to movies (to be run with QuickTime) do not work in Preview
(they do in Acrobat Reader).

Clearly, (1) is the more urgent problem since I have no way-around
it, but a solution to (2) would be convenient as well.

Thanks for any help,
Hans Goedbloed

Prof.Dr. J.P.(Hans) Goedbloed              E-mail:  goedbloed at rijnh.nl
FOM-Institute for Plasma Physics           Tel:     +31 (0)30 609 6999
Edisonbaan 14, 3439 MN Nieuwegein          Fax:     +31 (0)30 603 1204
The Netherlands                    http://www.rijnh.nl/users/goedbloed

Information on Principles of Magnetohydrodynamics (Cambrige, 2004):
    http://www.cambridge.org/uk/catalogue/catalogue.asp?isbn=0521626072
Errata and other data may be found on my home page.