[OS X TeX] Backups -- Was Pointer to .bib file

Rene Borgella macmechanic at fastmail.fm
Sun Apr 2 22:04:39 CEST 2006

At 2:46 PM -0400 4/2/06, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

>I backup my home directory onto a second mac using rsync. What is
>the benefit of using these commercial utilities?
>
>Themis

None really except perhaps the ability to easily filter (i.e.
include/exclude) certain files/directories from backups with a very
simple front end.  One can easily set up different 'backup sets' that
do different things and they will run manually, automatically, or
even 'chained' so that the completion of one job triggers the next.
If you choose to not compress the backups you don't need any software
to extract the backed up files.

You can try Tri-Backup for free and see for yourself if you like it.
I am not affiliated with them at all, only a happy customer.  I
tested about 8 different backup software products about 3 years ago
for users in a mixed Mac-Linux environment and liked Tri-Backup the
best for my needs.

HTH,

Rene