[OS X TeX] avoid space when pasting in TeXShop

Jan Hegewald rurapente at gmx.de
Sun Apr 2 17:23:00 CEST 2006

Am 31.03.2006 um 19:13 schrieb Adam R. Maxwell:

> Looks like it can be disabled with setSmartInsertDeleteEnabled:NO
> (but then you have an inconsistent user experience).

The assistance this feature provides is generally a good idea. Rather
than to turn it completely off, I would like to "fix" the behavior:
If pasting in a string which doesn't contain any spaces, no spaces
should be added around the inserted snippet.
pasting into "foo bar" gives "foo TEST bar", which is good.
pasting into "\ref{fig:foo}" should result in "\ref{fig:TESTfoo}",
not "\ref{fig: TEST foo}".
As Justin noticed, the behaviour depends on how you *copy* TEST. It
should also depend on the situation present when pasting.

Cheers,
-- Jan