[OS X TeX] "Texify"?

Felix Grasser fgrasser at gmx.net
Thu Sep 29 17:09:50 CEST 2005

> Is there a command on TeXShop which automatically executes the
> sequence: latex + bibtex + latex + latex?
>
> (* On WinEdt, there's an icon "Texify" does this sequence. *)

Alternatively to the macro that Chris mentioned, I have been very
pleased with "latexmk" [1]. It is a Perl script that automatically
determines what needs to be run and in what order and then typesets
the document accordingly.

Download the Perl script, install it according to the documentation
and then create a new engine file for TeXShop (e.g. latexmk.engine)
containing the following:

------
#!/bin/tcsh

set path= ($path /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current /
usr/local/bin)
latexmk -pdf "$1"
------

Add the name of your engine (e.g. latexmk) as the personal script in
TeXShop's preferences and your "Texify" process is fully automated.

HTH
Felix

[1]:    <http://www.phys.psu.edu/~collins/software/latexmk-jcc/>