[OS X TeX] epstopdf

Maarten Sneep maarten.sneep at xs4all.nl
Wed Sep 28 23:32:44 CEST 2005

On 28 Sep 2005, at 18:09, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> IIRC what I have read somewhere, the versions of TeX in the most
> recent TeXLive have been modified to accept a syntax such as:
>
> \input "file name for human beings".tex
>
> To be double-checked, as it's really a vague memory and I'm not
> sure at all.

Just tried it: it doesn't seem to work (and removes " from the list
of acceptable characters). This is on the latest experimental pdfetex
(3.141592-1.30.3-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.5)).

> I haven't checked, either, whether this implies that LaTeX file
> names can now contain spaces. (Until now they couldn't, since
> LaTeXing a file "test file".tex would create a file "test
> file".aux, which LaTeX needed afterwards to be able to read using
> \input.)

First things first: in my test on LaTeX both \input{"My first file"}
and \input{My first file} give an error, and the plain tex syntax
\input "My first file.tex" (with and without extension) tell me to
fix the file name:

! I can't find file `"My first file.tex"'.
l.5 \input "My first file.tex"

Maarten