[OS X TeX] epstopdf

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Tue Sep 27 20:37:09 CEST 2005

A couple weeks ago, Luis Sequeira wrote:

> Like a previous poster has said, it is better to handle (b) at shell
> level.
> To convert all eps files below a given directory, you may do the
> following:
> 1) Open Terminal and cd to the appropriate directory
> 2) type the following command:
>         find . -name '*.eps' -exec epstopdf {} \;

This  fails for me if the path contains spaces, which all my (relevant)
paths do. From the command line, I've tried every combination I can
think of: escaping the spaces with \, and using single and double
quotes around the path. But epstopdf always chokes. (It might be gs
that is actually choking.) Is it really impossible to use epstopdf to
batch convert eps to pdf when the path names contain spaces? I think I
can work around this (by using cd), but I'm curious if I really have
to.

Chris