[OS X TeX] PDF layout that fits PowerBook Screen

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Sep 25 01:14:29 CEST 2005

Am 24.09.2005 um 16:05 schrieb Jung-Tsung Shen:

> (1) Is there *any* solution alike for external PDF's?

Probably! I taught TeXShop to open in a particular size using a
particular magnification. Here are the values from
~/Library/Preferences/TeXShop.plist:

	PdfMagnification			Number	1.150000
	PdfWindowFixedPosition		String	165 46 637 816 0 0 1440 878
	NSWindow Frame PdfWindow	String	165 46 637 816 0 0 1440 878

The number is the magnification. In the strings I think the first pair
is the coordinates of the upper left corner of the PDF viewer window,
the next pair is its size, and the last pair is the display's usable
area.

Although I have to admit that I do not understand what 'external PDF'
means ...

> (2) Is it possible to compile my own locally generated PDF's (from
> LaTeX) so it would fit the screen of the PowerBook?

Yes. Choose, as ConTeXt does so often, a screen oriented size for the
document's layout.

--
Greetings

   Pete

These are my principles and if you don't like them... well, I have
others. - Groucho Marx