[OS X TeX] A Wintel mate to TeXShop

Luis Sequeira lsequeir at fc.ul.pt
Fri Sep 23 10:59:03 CEST 2005

>Joseph C. Slater wrote:
>
>>  A starting point on the mac-tex page:
>  > http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/TeXonWindows.html
>>  Joe
>>  On Sep 22, 2005, at 5:21 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:
>>
>Sigh

>(It was in fact looking at that page that prompted my request!.)
>Maybe I should just go fishing during my office hours.
>Grateful regards.
>--schremmer

Why don't you just give it a try?

MikTeX is very easy to install and free.
You can go with a free editor/frontend such as TeXniccenter or WinShell.
Try it out and see if it works. It is not a mac,
but you still can do some work.
You can carry your Magnum Opus back and forth on a pen drive, for example.
You do keep backups (don't you?), so there is nothing to lose.

Luis Sequeira