[OS X TeX] Different printouts of one document by one click?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Sep 21 16:48:54 CEST 2005

On Sep 21, 2005, at 3:27 AM, Friedrich Vosberg wrote:

> I typeset the different versions of that document using
> Terminal.app and input
>
>     pdflatex '\def\modus{0} \input <filename>'
> or
>     pdflatex '\def\modus{1} \input <filename>'
> or
>     pdflatex '\def\modus{2} \input <filename>'
>
> How can I typeset such documents in modus 1, 2 or 3 by »one click«
> using the TeXShop interface?
>
> Thanks in advance and kind regards
> Friedrich

Howdy,

Try adding the line

\typein[\modus]{Which Version (0, 1 or 2 only)?}

just before (or maybe just after) the \begin{document}. Won't
guarantee that works though.

That should prompt you for a value on the console. Enter a 0, 1 or 2
and return and the value of \modus should be set. Note: there is no
value/range checking here so...

P.S. I really like your ``snip here'' lines: ===== 8>< =====!

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)