[OS X TeX] [OT] Manuscript Revision Management etc.

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 04:35:24 CEST 2005

Ross,

Thanks very much for the very informative reply in depth. I benefit a
lot. I have two further questions:

(1) I vaguely remember that I ever read somewhere sometime (on this
mailing list? or Gary's website?) that someone advocated all figures
should be stored in PDF, and converts to eps format only needed. Can
you comment on this viewpoint? I am afraid this is a one-way, once I
start using PDF for all figures, and it turns out to be a wrong idea,
it would be too late.

For me, it simply means that I embed those PDF figures, and use
pdflatex, as in TeXShop's beginner's guide instruction. I also know
that I can convert PDF to eps by `pdftops -eps' command. I don't know
the real difference among all these things (just instructed ...)

[To Marteen, and other CVS people]

(2) I agree that it makes sense to only check in .tex and figure file
(PDF or eps). I wrote a small AppleScript to delete those .bak .aux
.dvi ... automatically. Is there a simpler and more efficient way to
do this, rather than invoke AS or even manually remove those unwanted
files? This combines with Question (1) above, when I start using PDF
for all figures, I have to refine my AppleScript so it only removes
the derivative PDF, not the figure PDF files ...

Thanks a lot.

JT