[OS X TeX] TeXShop Daily Experience/Usage (\ref, \cite)

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Sep 20 09:06:51 CEST 2005

Le 20 sept. 05 à 05:55, Axel E. Retif a écrit :

> Maybe you'll like TeXmaker
>
> http://www.xm1math.net/texmaker/
>
> You can use it with TeXShop (if you configured to use an external
> editor).

Thanks for reminding us of the existence of this software. I had
completely forgotten about it. As it turns out (after searching my OS
X TeX mailbox), Texmaker was mentioned to us here in early 2004, by
Kevin Walzer who was at the time considering porting Kile (the KDE
LaTeX editor) to OS X; then he realized Pascal Brachet, the original
author of Kile, was developing this software which is cross-platform
and has now binaries for either OS X, Linux or Windows. It's based on
Qt, and includes a LaTeX to HTML converter as well.

Now at last I'll be able to answer a question asked several times by
people at my institute who switched recently from Windows to Mac, and
were looking for a Mac equivalent of WinEdit.

Thanks for the pointer,