[OS X TeX] TeXShop Daily Experience/Usage (\ref, \cite)

Jens Nöckel noeckel at uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 20 05:34:59 CEST 2005

> However, it
> appears it's not that desirable to other users, guess that's why it
> hasn't been implemented yet. I will look into your suggestion. Thanks.
JT,
I think it's a very desirable thing even for people with a good
memory... but especially for people wanting to learn LaTeX. To get a
complete listing is is probably unrealistic because it would amount to
something like a Chinese-language dictionary, with all the glyphs...
Of course there are editors that have more or less exhaustive lists of
LaTeX commands in the form of menus (e.g. iTexMac, Alpha, emacs with
auctex...), but you want the pictorial representations too, right? You
get that in the LyX Math panel, which is quite complete and in a way
seems quite similar to your WinEdit. But if someone had the time to
simply augment TexFog a little, I think that would do just fine for
many users.

Just some ideas... and a voice in support of the tool you're looking
for. This could play an important role, in particular when it comes to
converting more people (students, for example) to LaTeX.

Jens