[OS X TeX] OT-File ownership

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 20 04:03:47 CEST 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 8:05 PM, Vince McGarry wrote:

> Hi Herb,
>
> The problem does sound familiar----I seem to remember some
> discussion about this a while back, but I couldn't find anything
> either. The method described macoshints is exactly what I tried,
> with the additional force option -f when it didn't work the first
> time.
>
> Vince

Howdy,

Did you try a sudo to run it as root? I was having a few problems,
including multiple copies of apps in the Open With... contextual menu
item and a beach ball when changing tabs in RCDefaultApp. That hint
cleared up both of the problems and I haven't had that problem since.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)