[OS X TeX] OT-File ownership

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Sep 20 02:55:39 CEST 2005

On Sep 19, 2005, at 6:43 PM, Vince McGarry wrote:

> Recently I opened up the Script Editor---just thinking about
> working on some---but never got to it. All of a sudden, most of
> my .tex and all of my .sty files are now "owned" by the Script
> Editor. Some have the Script Editor icon; some the TeXShop icon,
> but all open by default with the Script Editor. I can change an
> individual file so that TeXShop will open it, but "Change all..."
> does not work. An individual .tex file opened in TeXShop once saved
> will revert to Script Editor as the owner app.
>
> I rebuilt Launch Services and restarted to no avail. Although not
> specifically related to TeX on OS X, the only files that appear to
> be affected are .tex and .sty files. The behavior is inconsistent---
> compiling using pdftricks ala Herb Schulz, the intermediate .tex
> files with the pstricks code all have the appropriate "owner." Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Vince McGarry

Howdy,

I wish I could find out what the final solution was when it was
brought up before... can't seem to find the right search term to use
at the Archive, <http://tug.org/pipermail/macostex-archives/>.

I'm not sure this is the solution but you might try using
RCDefaultApp, a Preference Pane that allows you to look at and change
assignments.

You might try the solution to really rebuild the Launch Services
using the hint at <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
story=20031215144430486&query=rebuild+launch+services>.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)