[OS X TeX] OT-File ownership

Vince McGarry vmcgarry at austin.rr.com
Tue Sep 20 01:43:53 CEST 2005

Recently I opened up the Script Editor---just thinking about working
on some---but never got to it. All of a sudden, most of my .tex and
all of my .sty files are now "owned" by the Script Editor. Some have
the Script Editor icon; some the TeXShop icon, but all open by
default with the Script Editor. I can change an individual file so
that TeXShop will open it, but "Change all..." does not work. An
individual .tex file opened in TeXShop once saved will revert to
Script Editor as the owner app.

I rebuilt Launch Services and restarted to no avail. Although not
specifically related to TeX on OS X, the only files that appear to be
affected are .tex and .sty files. The behavior is inconsistent---
compiling using pdftricks ala Herb Schulz, the intermediate .tex
files with the pstricks code all have the appropriate "owner." Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Vince McGarry