[OS X TeX] \includes & graphics

Bernhard Barkow bb at creativeeyes.at
Sat Sep 17 15:11:19 CEST 2005

On 17.09.2005, at 15:03, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Before I go do the experiment maybe I can get a quick answer here.
>
> Suppose I have a root tex file which includes ``chapter'' files
> each of which is located in an individual chapter sub-directory
> along with all it's associated graphics (possibly in a sub-
> directory of that directory). (Is that a reasonable structure?)
>
> What path to the graphics files do I use in the \includegraphics
> commands in the ``chapter'' files? Is it the path from the root
> file or from the chapter file?

Hi,

As far as I can see, the path is relative to the root file, i.e. the
chapter files are treated as if \include{chapterfile} is replaced by
the content. So I'd suggest to set the graphics path accordingly,
either with

\graphicspath{{./}{./chapter1}{./chapter2}}

in the root file, or maybe

\graphicspath{{./}{./chapter1}}

in each respective chapter file is more flexible.

HTH,
Bernhard