[OS X TeX] Re: A Textures Query

Siep Kroonenberg siepo at cybercomm.nl
Thu Sep 15 21:12:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 01:42:48PM -0400, Jack Kuipers wrote:
> Thank you, Gary. Now --- to the list --- if I can.   ?
>
> Blessings,
>
> Jack
> On Sep 15, 2005, at 11:24 AM, Gary L. Gray wrote:
>

> >On Sep 15, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Jack Kuipers wrote:
> >
> >>I didn't think this, my problem, was suitable for the general OSX TEX
> >>site. Most of those folks
> >>are Tiger people and are far ahead of me. Hence, this restricted
> >>address to generalists.
> >>
> >>I have a large TEXTURES file which when typeset produces all
> >>400+ pages including 100++  figures which comprise my Quaternion Book.
> >>All of these output pdf.pages were furnished to and used by Princeton
> >>University Press
> >>as camera-ready for the publication of the book (5 years ago). These
> >>original Textures (LaTeX)
> >>files were produced on my Macintosh Computers: OS 7x (or earlier),
> >>8x, to 9.2.2. And all the figures
> >>are, of course, embedded within the Textures software either as pict
> >>or eps or somesuch.
> >>
> >>HOWEVER, I am now committed to using MacOSX (currently Panther) and
> >>TeXShop 1.5.3e --- and
> >>have become rather nimble in doing all the NEW stuff with figures,
> >>pictures, tables, etal.  Moreover,
> >>I'm even now lusting to upgrade to Tiger. BUT.....
> >>
> >>IS THERE A WAY TO SALVAGE OR CONVERT THE INFORMATION IN MY OLD
> >>TEXTURES FILES or RUN
> >>THEM UNDER TeXShop 1.5.3e or later? HOW, first of all,  to get all of
> >>the figures back out of TEXTURES ----
> >>and then to get them all properly converted (say, using
> >>GraphicConverter batch) is the primary issue;
> >>
> >> I can do ONE figure (at a time) --- but 100++ figures??? I might not
> >>survive it.
> >>ANY suggestions would be so very much welcomed. Thank you in advance,
> >>and
> >>
> >>Sincerely,
> >>    Jack Kuipers, Mathematics
> >>    Professor Emeritus
> >>    Calvin College

I have no experience with TeXtures or TeXtures files, but I once
lifted eps files out of dvips output with a short Perl script, which
I still have lying around. This approach might be adaptable to
PostScript output from TeXtures, depending on what information
TeXtures leaves in from the included eps.

--
Siep Kroonenberg