[OS X TeX] TeXShop Daily Experience/Usage (\ref, \cite)

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Thu Sep 15 01:44:08 CEST 2005

On Sep 14, 2005, at 16:03, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 14, 2005, at 5:52 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>

>> It doesn't support it because I've never heard of \pageref{}.
>> What does it do and how is it used?
>>
>> Adam
>
> Howdy,
>
> \pageref{ABC} is replaced by the page number of the \label{ABC};
> e.g., ``see Figure~\ref{ABC} on page~\pageref{ABC}...'' .

Okay, I just checked in support for \pageref; it'll be in the next
nightly build of BibDesk if anyone's dying to try it out.

Behavior can be a little weird, since I haven't figured out how to
trick the text system into doing what I want; if you type "\pageref{"
and hit escape to get a list of all refs, it overwrites \pageref
{ itself.  However, if you type "\pageref{f", it works as expected,
and gives a list of all \refs starting with "f".

-- Adam