[OS X TeX] OS X TeX newbie needs help installing TeX on non-boot volume

Mark Smith mark at bbprojects.net
Mon Sep 12 17:09:09 CEST 2005

@ 16:56 on 12.9.05, Peter Dyballa wrote:

>You understand that
>
>	/usr/local/teTeX -> /his/preferred/path
>
>and
>
>	/his/preferred/path/teTeX -> /usr/local/teTeX
>
>are different? The second idea would work with mount ...

Yes. I just couldn't find an explanation for the "why" in the thread. The eh... "meta-information" didn't point anywhere I could follow to such a "directional" requirement. #2 seems easier and preferable, so (unless I'm horribly confused), I still don't get why the OP wanted #1.

Not so important though.
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>