[OS X TeX] Automator with latexdiff?

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 08:36:10 CEST 2005

Hope this is not off topic too far.

I installed latexdiff the other day, and thought it's very useful. I
have been trying to "automate" the whole process using Automator + Run
Shell Script the whole weekend but in vain.

Here's what I did:

(1) "Ask for Finder Items". Allow Multiple Selection.
(2) "Get UNIX Paths of Files" (which I downloaded from the internet.
Already tested it. Worked as expected.)
(3) "Run Shell Script". Shell: /bin/csh ; Pass input as arguments.

path/myDiff

----------------------
The little script myDiff looks like:

#! /bin/csh -f

latexdiff $1 $2 > tempPath/diff.tex
(4) Open Finder Item: diff.tex

=================================
Unfortunately, I kept getting empty file diff.tex.

The command

/bin/csh path/myDiff file1.tex file2.tex

worked as expected, though.

I actually know very little about all these stuff, was simply allured
by the name "Automator" and thought it's a simple task ....

I appreciate any help to make this work, and make my weekend not wasted. :-)

Sincerely,
JT
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>