[OS X TeX] How to download .ii2 files without i-installer?

scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de scheissenochmal2003 at yahoo.de
Sun Sep 11 23:58:15 CEST 2005

 From http://www.rna.nl/ii.html (it appears to me that this one is at
least a good start if you are looking for documentation concerning the
i-Installer TeX Distribution):

> Welcome to the i-Installer Home page. i-Installer is a network-aware
> installer application for Mac OS X 10.2 or higher. It installs
> i-Packages which are directories with a name ending on .ii2 and which
> contain a set of files.

A quick look into the file gwrelative.iid
(available at:
# http://tug.org/i-packages/iid/gwrelative.iid (default)
# http://www.ntg.nl/macosx-tex/i-packages/iid/gwrelative.iid
# http://www.math.utah.edu/ftp/pub/i-packages/iid/gwrelative.iid
# http://bloch.ling.yale.edu/i-packages/iid/gwrelative.iid)

shows a lot of i-Directories where you can get .ii2 packages/directories
(not files).

For example, if you want to download the tex.ii2 package, look into
gwrelative.iid (it's an XML file describing where i-Installer can find
ii2-packages), you'll find:

> <key>../tex.ii2</key>
> <string>TeX</string>

So, assuming you are looking in the default i-Directory at
http://tug.org/i-packages/iid/gwrelative.iid, the tex.ii2 package
resides in
http://tug.org/i-packages/tex.ii2

Choose the nearest mirror and download the desired .ii2 directories with
your preferred http download client on the XP box.

Cheers,
Stephan

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>