[OS X TeX] OS X TeX newbie needs help installing TeX on non-boot volume

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Sun Sep 11 23:53:05 CEST 2005

On Sep 11, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Rowland McDonnell wrote:

> I'm merely disagreeing with the wildly overenthusiastic Unix fans

If you want to avoid the impression of flaming, you could choose less
loaded words than "overenthusiastic" and "fans".

> That is not flaming Unix - just pointing out that there are different
> experiences and never mind that The Steve and his cohorts says
> everything's better now: it ain't.  Is it flaming to engage in a
> disagreement?  I don't think so.

You use words that impugn those you disagree with. Have you
considered the possibility that OS X is better for a majority of
users, even though it might not be better for you? Have you also
considered the possibility that the problems you had are not typical?
Computers and operating systems are very complex, and subtle factors
may cause problems for a few people that the majority do not feel.
Because of that, specific discussion of specific problems (to do with
TeX) is much more useful than sweeping claims that no one here can
validate.

-- F

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>