[OS X TeX] WARMFigTo"EPS"?

Jung-Tsung Shen jushen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 13:59:59 CEST 2005

Sorry to wake up this old thread. I learn just now that there is a new
Perl script, a2ping, seems to be able to perform the same task, i.e.,
convert from PDF -> EPS, and more:

http://tug.ctan.org/tex-archive/graphics/a2ping/

>From the website, it says:

a2ping is a UNIX command line utility written  in  Perl  that  converts  many
  raster  image  and  vector  graphics  formats  to  EPS  or PDF and other page
  description formats. Accepted input file formats are: PS  (PostScript),  EPS,
  PDF, PNG, JPEG, TIFF, PNM, BMP, GIF, LBM, XPM, PCX, TGA. Accepted output
  formats are: EPS, PCL5, PDF, PDF1, PBM, PGM, PPM, PS, markedEPS, markedPS,
  PNG, XWD,  BMP,  TIFF,  JPEG,  GIF,  XPM.   a2ping delegates the low-level
  work to Ghostscript (GS), pdftops and sam2p. a2ping fixes many  glitches
  during the EPS to EPS conversion, so its output is often more compatible
  and better embeddable than its input.

JT

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>