[OS X TeX] New TeX i-Package in the *EXPERIMENTAL* i-Directory

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu Sep 8 11:47:59 CEST 2005

On Sep 7, 2005, at 6:09 PM, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> As we are closing in on the TL2005 release and as I am working on
> improving the package, I would really like to see some heavy
> testing of the just now released i-Package for TeX.

I have typeset 4 books (one I'm working on and 3 already finished),
both with pdflatex and TeX + Ghostscript. They have lots of pictures
(line art, grayscale and color) and different fonts. Everything
worked fine.

> Some special important issues:
>
> - TL2005 should be tested mainly, [...]

This is the one I installed.

> - Important: The altpdftex scripts have been deprecated and made
> non-functional.

[...]

> you now say
>
>     simpdftex latex foo
>
> or (.e.g.)
>
>     simpdftex latex --maxpfb foo

I changed the preferences in TeXShop and it worked fine.

Thank you

Axel
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>