[OS X TeX] Installation of informal math fonts

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Tue Sep 6 15:26:41 CEST 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 4:52 AM, Christof Janssen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am not at all familiar with the internals of latex packages. I
> tried to install the ifmath fonts of Micropress on my G4 PB running
> under OS 10.4 using Gerben Wierdas tetex.  I tried to follow both,
> the hints that are given by Micropress and the article of Bruno
> Voisin about "Installing Fonts for Latex on OS X". Accordingly I
> created tfm/micropress/ifmath/, type1/micropress/ifmath, afm/ifmath
> and even /pfm/micropress/ifmath subdirectories in my local ~/
> Library/texmf/fonts folder. I also put the provided (Micropress)
> map file and the fd files in ~/Library/texmf/dvips/ifmath and ~/
> Library/texmf/tex/latex/ifmath . VF fonts were not provided and I
> didn't install them. First of all I am confused that the Micropress
> fonts don't seem to follow the standard naming conventions for tex
> fonts. Is this the case and is that important ?
>
> Something must be wrong, nevertheless, because I cannot run dvips
> properly. The log file reports that the font files have not been
> found:
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file ifmi1
> 0): Font ifmi10 at 600 not found
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file ifrm1
> 0cm): Font ifrm10cm at 600 not found
>
> Warning: /usr/local/teTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current/pdflatex
> (file ifex1
> 0): Font ifex10 at 600 not found
>
> Is anyone having experience with the installation of these fonts
> and twilling to provide some help ? Any comment will be appreciated.

Two things:

Did you look at the thread from July 28-29 at:

<http://www.esm.psu.edu/mac-tex/MacOSX-TeX-Digests/2005/MacOSX-
TeX_Digest_07-29-05.html>

I successfully installed these fonts and I know almost nothing about
installing fonts for LaTeX. :-)

In addition, please don't start a new thread by replying to a message
from a different thread. It messes up everything in threaded mail
clients (e.g., Apple's Mail).

Thank you.

-- Gary
List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>