[OS X TeX] Installation of informal math fonts

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Sep 6 12:35:20 CEST 2005

Le 6 sept. 05 à 12:24, Christof Janssen a écrit :

> I first did sudo updmap --enable Map iffonts.map, but nothing got
> updated. Then I tried sudo updmap --enable Map ./ifmath.map in the
> directory where the map file resides and, heureka, the missing
> files were generated. Does one of the unix gurus know why I need ./
> filename instead of just filename ? Here the log:

If you did exactly what you mention:

     sudo updmap --enable Map iffonts.map
     sudo updmap --enable Map ./ifmath.map

then the problem isn't the "./" at the beginning if the filename, but
the filename itself iffonts.map vs. ifmath.map.

Regarding your question on the absence of output: in case you're
referring to the output of updmap, that's normal, the output is the
generation of the whole series of files such as /usr/local/teTeX/
share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/pdftex_dl14.map. For
example, look at what's inside this file by typing in Terminal:

     open -e /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/fonts/map/pdftex/
updmap/pdftex_dl14.map

In case you're referring to the absence of output when running TeX,
then that's not normal.

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>