[OS X TeX] Basic questions on Tiger's PDF handling

Massimiliano Gubinelli mgubi at mac.com
Thu Sep 1 19:01:37 CEST 2005

On 29 Aug 2005, at 15:53, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> Apologies for this slightly OT question, but maybe the answers give
> me a reason for upgrading to Tiger:
>
> As far as I understood Tiger's PDF KIT gives us great support in
> working with PDF (like TeXShop's new pdfsync feature is supposed to
> be).
> Does this also mean that one can use i.e. a PDFsearch in Texniscope?

Not yet. TeXniscope must still been updgraded to use PDFKit, I do not
have any plan about the next release since I'm very much busy with
work. However in the future I hope to implement search.

what I noted is that PDFKit does not have full support of hyperlinks,
in particular I have some pdf produced with dvipdfm+hyperref for view
Preview does not interpret correctly hyperlinks. Somebody else noted
a similar failure?

best,
massimiliano gubinelli

List Post: <mailto:MacOSX-TeX at email.esm.psu.edu>