[OS X TeX] Re: ScriptEditor has taken over .tex!

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Thu Sep 1 04:03:37 CEST 2005

> From: "Michael S. Hanson" <mshanson at wesleyan.edu>
> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:52:49 -0400
>
>      I believe a related topic was discussed previously on this list,
> but I wasn't able to track down the resolution (probably a wrong
> search term on my part).  I recently upgraded to 10.4 and have
> discovered that all my .tex files are now claimed by ScriptEditor.
> If, in the file Info window, I try to change that to "TeXShop
> (version 2.0)" with the "Open with" option and click the "Change
> All..." button, the change simply does not stick.  Worse, that action
> appears to reset some other .tex files I'd changed by hand back to
> ScriptEditor!  Thus, it appears that I have to change each
> individually -- and *not* click "Change All..." -- to get the
> settings to stick.  Any suggestions other than hunting down and
> changing all 400+ .tex files on my Mac by hand?  Any way to prevent
> this from re-occurring?  Thanks in advance.

The same has happened to me. I spent an hour over the phone with
Apple, and they sent me an application to capture what was going on
with my machine. But I haven't heard back from them.
_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/