[OS X TeX] [ANN] BibDesk 1.1.8

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 03:55:04 CET 2005

The BibDesk development team is pleased to announce that BibDesk
1.1.8 is now available for download at <http://
bibdesk.sourceforge.net/>.  We have some major new features in this
release, and hopefully they'll be useful to new and old users alike.
Numerous bugs have also been fixed, including our top reported
crasher (crash when closing an editor window).  Thanks to all who
sent in crash reports with notes, and provided feedback on our
nightly builds!

As always, please file bug reports at <http://sourceforge.net/
tracker/?group_id=61487&atid=497423>, including exact steps to
reproduce.  Many of the bugs we fixed in this release came from user
reports, and we appreciate the time it takes to file those.  The
complete list of changes follows.

Changes since 1.1.7

New Features
   *  BibDesk can now search contents of associated files (Tiger
only); see online help for details
   *  Can now choose whether (some) custom fields are added by
default in Defaults preferences
   *  Script Hooks:  AppleScripts can now be triggered by certain
user interface actions.  See the online help and preferences for
details.
   *  BibDesk now supports a group feature for easier viewing and
categorization of references
   *  Fancier drag image for dragging from the main publications list
   *  Editor now has a split view for editing rating and boolean fields
   *  If a search is active when you open a linked file, the
application opening the file is sent the search text (used with
Preview.app on Tiger)
   *  Script menu now supports submenus, and examples are provided.
You can also open the scripts in Script Editor by holding the option
key when selecting a script.

Bugs Fixed
   *  Preview stopped updating after a cancelled document close (bug
#1314311)
   *  Deleting a document no longer clears the search field (bug
#1311700)
   *  Sorting of nil fields is now consistent with empty field
sorting (bug #1308021)
   *  No longer add extra newlines to front matter when saving
   *  Fix crash when trying to customize the editor toolbar with
buttons missing
   *  Sort order is now preserved even when you quit without first
closing a document (bug #1326190)
   *  Attempting to use the font panel no longer raises an exception
(bug #1328784), even though the font panel isn't really useful in
BibDesk...
   *  Fixed crash that occurred if you saved while editing, then
closed the editor window (bug #1315916)
   *  Selection is now preserved in the citekey field if you save
while editing it
   *  Undo in autofile will undo all files at once.  Error table has
separate tooltips, and you can now edit items by double-clicking the
error message.
   *  Nicer looking popup added for zoom settings in text/PDF views
   *  Fixed numerous Jaguar incompatibilities
   *  Selection of duplicate items broke in a previous version; it is
now fixed, and less stringent in defining duplicates
   *  Searching a document is now much more memory efficient (and
faster)
   *  Table selection is preserved if you edit an item while a search
is active
   *  All images displayed in the main table are interpolated at high
quality
   *  Rating buttons now have a focus ring and accept keyboard input
   *  Changing selection with arrow keys in main publications list
could raise an exception under some conditions
   *  Fixed help buttons in preference panes
   *  Changed splitviews to be consistent with other UI colors