[OS X TeX] Prevent Acrobat Reader From Opening Files?

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Mon Oct 31 02:15:08 CET 2005

On Oct 30, 2005, at 7:58 PM, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Oct 28, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Adam Maxwell wrote:
>
>> I continue to find it unbelievable that a commercial software
>> company uses such dirty hacks as modifying Safari's bundle.
>>

> I second. I thought I had disabled AR and made Schubert the pdf
> default plugin. I say "I thought" because today AR took over Safari
> once again...

Would it make any difference if we put together a courteous but firm
letter to Adobe pointing out these problems with Adobe Reader 7.0.x?
It could well be that these objectionable installation methods were
adopted without much consideration, and customer feedback could help
bring about a better installation method.

-- F