[OS X TeX] How to comment out includegraphics?

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 00:27:16 CEST 2005

Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>>AS> So, my question is how do I comment out all the includegraphics before I
>>AS> get it onto the wintel box and then uncomment them when I get back on the
>>AS> Mac.
>>

>after the \usepackage{graphics}:
>\renewcommand{\includegraphics}[2][]{\fbox{#2}}
>(so you will have a visual indication of the graphics file there).
>Later when you come back you put a % in front of this line.

It does not work. Possibly because I don't use fbox but I don't know
what to do.

Here is the preamble

    \usepackage{graphicx}
    \renewcommand{\includegraphics}[2][]{\fbox{#2}}

Here is the source:

    For instance, we will use \object{dollar} as an alternate for
    \includegraphics[,scale=0.75]{Figures/01_01_00.pdf} to stand for a
    dollar-bill sitting on the counter while we will write
    $\denom{Dollar}$ to represent it on the \emph{board}.

And here is the error message which of course I don't understand:

!Missing $ inserted
<inserted text>
$
l.13 …raphics[,scale=0.75]{Figures/01_01_00.pdf}
to stand for a dollar-bil…

(By the way, how does one /copy/ this from the console?)

Regards
--schremmer