[OS X TeX] Reading LaTeX on Palm OS?

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Sat Oct 22 20:45:25 CEST 2005

At 12:38 PM -0500 10/22/05, David R. Derbes wrote:
>I would like to be able to read LaTeX generated PDF's on a Palm Pilot.
>
>Adobe has a (fairly old) Acrobat Reader and conduit for Palm OS. I
>have successfully uploaded LaTeX PDF's to a Palm, but the equations
>are mostly devoid of their symbols. I guess this is a font issue,
>but I don't really know.

You probably need to set your pdftex and dvips to embed all the
fonts. You can do this by using updmap to change the configuration
file.  Once you have done this, you wouldn need to re-LaTeX the files.

updmap --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 yes
updmap --setoption dvipsPreferOutline yes
updmap --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 yes

I think this can also be done using the configure option in i-installer.

Alan

(And in the most recent version, there is now updmap-sys etc. (See
quite absorbed all that yet...)

--
Alan Munn                                                   amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics                                   amunn at acm.org