[OS X TeX] cocoAspell dictionary question

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 21 20:46:54 CEST 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 1:24 PM, Gary L. Gray wrote:

> When you say "skip over (La)TeX commands", I assume you mean that
> you have checked the "TeX/LaTeX" and "Texinfo" filters for your
> chosen dictionary -- is that correct?

Howdy,

Yes, that is what I meant. Take a look in the Filters Tab and TeX/
LaTeX Filters sub-tab and you'll see the commands it knows about and
also the notation for checking/skipping optional/required arguments.
It's easy to add to that list if you find it necessary (I did). The
check mark is Opt-v although I've globally mapped that to Meta-v for
moving back by page with a centered cursor (like Ctl-v moves down the
same way); I just copy one check mark and paste where I need it in
the addition.

> I really like it that I can use this dictionary in just TeXShop by
> selecting it in spelling. I can leave all other apps just as they
> are (at least that appears to be the case).
>
> Thank you,
>
> -- Gary

I guess I haven't checked lately. I thought it was a setting you
could check at will but was global.

With 2.0.2 I think CocoAspell is a really useful thing to have around
and has become part of my work flow.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)