[OS X TeX] question about the geometry package

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Oct 21 16:37:29 CEST 2005

On Oct 21, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Morten Høgholm wrote:

> Geometry actually doesn't set the dvips driver itself even though
> it could easily do so. One has to either edit the geometry.cfg file
> so that it executes the dvips option or do it in the package
> options as you did. When looking at the package I noticed two
> places where it uses the presence of a pdftex primitive to
> determine pdfmode. One is this one:

Thanks for the information. What does get executed if you use latex,
i.e., pdfetex with the latex format and the dvi option set?

> I'll contact the author to a) encourage him to use ifpdf and b)
> make geometry choose dvips if not running pdftex in pdf mode:
>
> \def\Gm at checkdrivers{%
>   \ifpdf
>     \Gm at setdriver{pdftex}%
>   \else
>     \Gm at setdriver{dvips}%
>   \fi
> % other drivers detected here.
>   ...}
> --
> Morten

Thank you very much. That sounds like a reasonable way to toggle
between two defaults and still leave the possibility to choose a
custom driver.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)